2. The WP must have seen something romantic between ichabbie (because honestly when are they not lowkey flirting?), and came to drown Abbie at the library. Crane finds her in time to pull her from the water, but she’s ingested too much water and she’s unconscious. Hawley hears him begging her to wake up, rushes over, and immediately begins performing CPR which makes Crane absolutely livid since he doesn’t know what CPR is and all he sees is a scoundrel sexually assaulting an unconscious Abbie.
3. Hawley has to shove him aside and do the big damn hero thing (you want me to save her or not?) and Crane allows him to continue performing CPR although he remains very distressed about it (because again, all he sees is Hawley kissing Abbie). Abbie revives with a sputter and starts breathing, and Crane crushes her to his chest with relief. That is how Crane grudgingly accepts Hawley as a member of the gang for the next few episodes, but only because he owes him the life of his … Abbie.
4. I think this will be the beginning of the process to endear both ichabbie and the audience to Hawley. He was a sellout and kind of a coward in the last 2 eps, but if he saves our hero’s life, he basically gets a clean slate. It’s either ep 8 or 9 when Crane asks Hawley his intentions toward Abbie at Club Twerk, so that’s at least 4 eps of him flirting with her and maybe by ep 9 her flirting back or even them hooking up.
5. Either way I think something bad is gonna happen w Hawley. Either he’s gonna die or betray them. He can’t stick around long term, especially if it really looks like something is developing with Abbie that would distract from the ichabbie bond. Which is why Crane will be there to comfort her after it all goes down, hopefully without him saying “I told you so.” Sorry this is so long, I dreamt about sh last night and I woke up with so many thoughts I had to share.
1. I love this and super-hope it happens.
2. Never say sorry for sending me asks, especially long ones and especially excellent theories that I super-hope happens.
3. Did I mention I super-hope this happens?
4. The only thing I’d add is I’d hope Hawley calls her Abbie when he’s CPR-ing her (“Come on Abbie”) because I feel like it would be one more thing to stab at Ichabod, and cause it’ll show us and Ichy that Nick has some feelings going on, because so far it’s coming off kind of a lot like like “hey lemme tap that”.
5. The one thing I disagree with is that saving our heroes = clean slate, cause that was up for debate with Katrina for a while too and I’m sorry but I don’t hand out clean slates that easy. But Nick is better off than Kat so saving Abbie would at least bring his character score up a fair bit. But so far the only things he’s got on Ichy is actually having a job/money and knowing pop references, so he needs to step up a bit.
6. I think you’re right about Hawley, although I could see them keeping him around for a while. If he keeps his day job, tracking down artifacts (which could come in handy even if he’s also helping Team Witness on the side) then he wouldn’t be in the way of Ichabbie partnership, and if he and Abbie has a thing going then it delays the inevitable Ichabbie hook-up some more once Kat’s gone. Which I’m actually fine with (late s3-s4 Ichabbie is ideal imo), Ichabod’s got a marriage to get over first no matter how it ends, and I’d like him to do some (conscious) pining before they get together too.
7. Thanks for sharing! :D